Funny thing about WiFi

4

November 28, 2009 by readlisaread

I bought myself a TShirt from ThinkGeek .  Part of my growing collection of Nerd Shirts. It got a lot of comments, from staff and students alike– but none more so than when in the staff room at lunch we discovered that not only did the shirt detect WiFi, it also detected Microwaves.

Now, I have always made it clear that although I am very techy now, I am late to the game, and there are so many holes in my knowledge.

Reading this cartoon, coupled with my WiFi-shirt experience filled in one more gap in my knowledge.

xkcd explains wifi

xkcd explains wifi

http://xkcd.com/654/

1. Very geeky of you to get one of those shirts, and yes I am envious 😉 I saw a clip of Norah Young testing out one for ‘Spark’. You gotta love xkcd for nailing it 🙂 I’m embarrassed to admit that I only just realized a few months ago that the microwave and cordless phone interrupt my WiFi. I gotta work on those powers of observation I guess…

2. Clint says:

I actually think my phone is a sentinent being and knows whenever I am chatting on Skype with someone because that is the exact moment it will decide to ring and shut me down. Hell hath no fury like a spurned phone after she discovers you’re flinging with Skype.

3. readlisaread says:

Just don’t tell your frying pan about the Panini grill you got for Christmas….

4. James Anderson says:

I have read many blogs and found good and informative, but this blog is simply thrilling me with its designs, color combination and the most important thing real information. I found only genuine and useful information on this blog.

Netflix Error Code NW-2-4