Oh the dramamity!

0

March 31, 2017 by readlisaread

No matter how I slice it, I can’t see myself caring less.  No, no, I don’t mean that in the “I’m not sure if it’s ‘I could care less’ or ‘I couldn’t care less’ malapropism, I mean that anything that I care about, I CARE about.  I don’t do much by halves, and caring about things is something there is no halfway for. I was thinking about this today, with regards to friendship. I have a few close friends– the heart-baring, secret-telling, laugh-till-we-cry, friends for life friends– even if years go by between bottles of wine.  And I have casual-acquaintances–work mates, fellow moms of ballet class or the rugby pitch, or maybe elementary school peers who stayed as I did, in the same small town we grew up in.

All of this to say, even if I don’t have the widest circle of friends, the ones who stick, year after year, are the ones who know I don’t apologize for tears, offside humour or a messy house.

Of all my close friends, though, I’d have to be honest and say I’m not the level-headed one.  They may ask me for advice, they might think I’m clever, but I am also the loose cannon.  The one who attracts attention with a too-loud laugh, a too-big hairstyle, an over-the-top outfit. I’m also the one who is as quick to tears as she is to the Too-Loud laugh. All of which is offered in explanation of the above diagram.  I realized that I needed a more complex Venn Diagram (is there anything a Venn Diagram can’t do!?). So if those are the categories, this is the new chart:

So if the three categories are “All Drama”, “Purely Passion” and “Meh”, it started to make a little more sense to me–and allowed for the following sort of personality types:

• A Dramatic person
  • A Passionate person
  • A Normal, unremarkable person
  • Normal-Dramatic
  • Normal-Passionate
  • Dramatic-Passionate
  • And then…. the Normal-Dramatic-Passionate-Hyperfeels

Where do you see yourself?  Care to join me right in the middle of everything?