Godspeed, Mr. Jobs.

0

October 7, 2011 by readlisaread

1955 – 2011.  A microfleck on the timeline of the history of man, yet an impact that reached to the ends of the earth, that spanned cultures and geography.  A life that changed ours. Like anyone raised in the affluent West in the 20th/21st century, I am dialed in to consumerism and celebrity.  But Steve Jobs was more than just a guy who invented a really great computer. It’s not irony, I suppose, but I like saying the Steve Jobs was an icon.  The pioneer of the Graphic User Interface (and now is not the time to bring Bill Gates and IBM into the argument), known for his designs, revered for his vision, recognised in his black turtleneck and jeans.  Say what you will about the way he ran Apple, and his (all too short) own life, but Steve Jobs changed the world in the same way that Edison and Einstein and all the great thinkers and visionaries before.  A couple of us were wearing black t-shirts at work yesterday. Apple’s homepage was a simple dedication to a complex man. My Facebook feed was filled with references to his passing, as many of those posts from Mac users as Windows.  There isn’t really more to say….